15 years ago
Wednesday, June 14, 2006
Election Training
Well, I had my election training today for the primary elections this August. It was quite comical. For starters, I was the youngest by at least 20 years, possibly 30. It should have only taken an hour, but the amount of questions, complaints, and ramblings made it last close to three. I wanted to bang my head against the wall about half way through- you would think we were trying to put a rocket into space. "Why isn't the county going door to door teaching people how to use these new machines?", "The system is fine the way it is", and "Why did they have to switch from colored ballots to numbered ballots, that's way too confusing". People were complaining about why there would only be four people signing voters in. They felt it would go much faster if there were more people to help. The trainer simply told them that if they had more people willing to work the polls, that there would be more people to help sign in. (duh) Others complained that having to inform voters they had a choice between touch-screen voting and bubble scan voting was much more work than previous elections (didn't quite get their argument, but whatever). I could go on and on, but I'll spare you the mind-numbing details. All for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment