Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Bachelor- Week 2 From Make-up to Silicone


This week's Bachelor episode had a little less make-up but much more silicone.  What was with all of the obvious implants?  Many of the girls brought out their trampy side, apparently to see who could deliver the best kiss.  One thing that is becoming increasingly clear is that the disclaimer that shows up during the credits, "producers advise Bachelor who to choose, but ultimately Bachelor has final say" (or something like that), definitely holds true.  Several are only being kept around for ratings- Megan- the f-bomb thrower, Shannon- the psycho dental hygienist who is so irritating, Erica- someone to get a rise out of Megan.  I don't see Jason ending up with any of them.  

Did anyone else about cry hearing Stephanie tell about how she learned her husband was killed in a plane crash?  Heartbreaking.  I like Stephanie.   I do.  Unfortunately, she is very much a Southern Belle gal that I really don't see making it in Seattle long-term with none of her family around.  I don't see the chemistry with Jason either.  They seem more "friends."  My wish for her is a possible Bachelorette spot, or that she will find her Prince Charming elsewhere.
I am starting to suspect Nikki is some kind of plant to spy on the other women.  Her main role has been to tell Jason what is going on in the house, and who the women are that are faking the mother role.  It's like she is a best friend.  She is gorgeous, and he seems to have no interest in her, which is why I think she is a plant.  Or, she is who he ends up with, and the producers are editing very carefully to make her look really nice and sweet and not overexposing her.  

Jillian is still my favorite.  Their one-on-one date seemed to go incredibly well, although I would have preferred to see someone other than Robin Thicke for a private concert.  *Note to husband, Mike: when you take me to a private concert, make sure it isn't Robin Thicke.*  She seems very genuine and at least has more than mush for brains like some of these "women."
Kudos to Melissa for going up in the Goodyear Blimp.  I would have been TERRIFIED.  Only if it was a mandatory task on the Amazing Race would I do that.  
The Rose Ceremony was a big yawn.  I was proud of the girl who left to be with her dying grandma.  The not-so-surprising reaction of several women was really disturbing.  Glad she's gone.  One less competitor.  Don't know why she left.  Classless, truly classless.  

I wonder when Deanna is coming back...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting theories about Nikki...very interesting. Food for thought, my dear. ;)

Mike Dobbins said...

No Robin Thicke? Crud, there go my Valentine's plans.



Designed By:

Elements by Laura Deacetis