Friday, April 17, 2009

Date Night

Last night Mike and I went to hear Laura Ingraham speak.  In case you didn't know, I'm a big fan.  The event was put on by 97.1FM talk our local talk radio station.  We were able to participate in the VIP Meet and Greet prior to the speakers.  Very cool.  Congressman Todd Akin is a class-act.  One of very few conservatives remaining in Congress.  We got to meet the 97.1 radio personalities, Colonel Gordon Cucullu and Laura Ingraham.  I was so nervous to meet her I forgot what I was going to say to her.  Pictures with her were taken separately and will be emailed so I will post it once I get it.  Unfortunately, we didn't get our photo with Colonel Gordon, and I really wish I would have.  This man is from a dying breed who truly love and appreciate this country.  

Laura was great.  I didn't learn anything new since I listen to her show daily.  I could've listened to Colonel Gordon for hours.  I feel like I keep myself pretty well informed of facts on issues, but I certainly learned a few things.   You should definitely pick up a copy of his book Inside Gitmo.  I have added it to my library list.  Or, you can go to the Inside Gitmo website for a factual account of what is really going on there.  I wish my Dad, Uncle Jim, and Uncle Ron could have been there as well as my nephew, Matt.  They all would have loved it.  Next time we will bring our nice camera, as we were very close and could have gotten much better photos.


St. Louis radio personality, Jamie Allman, from Allman in the Morning

U.S. Congressman Todd Akin

Laura Ingraham

Colonel Gordon

1 comment:

Matt said...

Yeah, I wish I could have been there.



Designed By:

Elements by Laura Deacetis