I've been watching a lot of Get It Sold and The Unsellables on HGTV. Thanks to the DVR, I can see the whole episode in roughly 10 minutes. Whenever we are able to move, I am hoping to have most of the "fixes" done, so all there is left to do is a little staging. Anyway, here are a few things I have done with a can of spray paint...
The soap holder in one of the bathrooms was still that cheap fake brass color. Everything else in the bathroom, fixture wise, is chrome. So I got my trusty can of Krylon and got busy.
I highly recommend a mask if you do not have a bathroom window. Turn the fan on, too. The fumes are strong. Spray and Allow to dry. Krylon dries in 15 minutes.
And, voila. New fixture for pennies.
Another quick and easy project, the air returns. These, in that fake brassy color as well, have started to rust partially due to the Swiffer Wet Jet Spray we clean our floors with. Again, using the same can of Krylon, I had great results. I should be able to do all of them with the same can. If I went out and purchased new air returns, it would cost at least $100. So, another money-saving quick fix recycling instead of tossing and buying new.


No comments:
Post a Comment