
NOT!
Finally, this season came to an end (if you don't count tonight's AFTR-2.) It was everything Reality Steve said it was going to be. After watching the terrible acting displayed by some of the major players in this fiasco, I am more convinced than ever that this was a set up from the start (the start being when Jason and Molly had their tent encounter.) As for last night's AFTR, I think Melissa was probably clued in as to what Jason was going to do right before she went on set. Did you notice she was not wearing the engagement ring when she came out? I think she was in shock and very angry. Her emotions and reactions were real. (At least she convinced me.)
As for Razzie Awards, the Worst Actor has to go to Jason. (I guess that General Hospital "date" didn't teach him much.) Every word coming out of his mouth was so phony and had to be scripted. He was in this "remember your lines, don't steer from the script" mode. He just kept sticking to his "change of heart" dialogue. Whatever. If you ever had any feelings for Melissa at all, why would you not try to make it work, especially after proposing to her!??! His treatment of her alone was enough for me to believe ABC planned this whole thing. I won't go on and on about how he looked like such a fool.
Worst Supporting Razzie goes to Chris Harrison. Please. Was it necessary for him to sit there while Jason breaks it off with Melissa? I guess it was to make sure Jason stuck to the script, and not confess that it was all a set up. Where were all the questions, Chris? Like, why on earth would you propose to a woman if you still had feelings for someone else? How many times did he ask Jason if he had contact with Molly? A lot. It was like ABC was trying too hard to drive home the point to everyone watching that Jason was not a two-timer, and ABC had nothing to do with this stunt.
Then, our Worst Actress Razzie, Molly comes out. Gee, what is the first thing they say to each other? "Long time no see" and "It's been awhile." Yeah, right. Like we believe that. Her reaction to the news was less than believable. All of her grinning and acting giddy was ridiculous. Their entire conversation was like watching a bad soap opera. Completely scripted, I'm sure. If she had had no communication with Jason at all in those six weeks, I would think her reaction would have been more like shock and skepticism-- not, "oh, I dreamed this would happen, Chris."
The Deanna encounter was also obviously scripted. His whole bit about "one of the girls is exactly what I came here for" and her line "just don't make the same mistake I did." All part of the big set up so the break-up would seem so "logical."
I'm sure tonight's episode of AFTR-2 will be the same mess. This whole debacle makes Bachelor Brad look like the smartest one of the bunch. At least he didn't fake it, and start a relationship with or propose to someone he really wasn't in to. Good for you, Brad!
It is clear this show has been going down the tubes anyway since the only people they can get are dumpees from previous episodes to take on the Bachelor/Bachelorette role. This is one "reality" show I will not be watching anymore. At least I still have Survivor-- we all know that's real (wink, wink.)
No comments:
Post a Comment