Thursday, January 07, 2010

Push-Ups Have Been Banned

Yesterday I had my annual physical with my PCP. Things are great for the most part.

Blood Pressure--Excellent.


Heart and Lungs--Excellent.


Skin color--uhh, "very pale". (That's not rocket science to figure out.) I MUST start taking multi-vitamins and increase my Vitamin D. Trip to the Caribbean anyone? I also have to start taking Claritin pretty much year round for my sinuses and sinus headaches.

I also informed her that every time I do push-ups, my left arm makes a "pop" or "crack" noise. She seemed puzzled. After doing a few motion swings my shoulder, she informed me that I have "very bad arthritis" in my left shoulder. She said there was "a lot of grinding." According to her only "serious athletes" (that are as young and vibrant as I am) have that much grinding. Obviously, I am not a serious athlete. Now, I have been working out considerably more than I ever have on a consistent basis, but serious athlete I am not. Luckily, we aren't going to do any treatment since it only bothers me when I do push-ups. So I have to lay off the push-ups. That's really a bummer because it really is one of the best core strength and arm exercises you can do.

No, that's not me.
(photo from ehow.com)

No comments:



Designed By:

Elements by Laura Deacetis