Naturally, Illinois gets dinged with a #5 seed. Much too generous in my mind, especially if Chester Frazier can't play. If Frazier is still injured and can't play, look for them to succumb to the curse of the #5 seed and exit in the first round. All I am going to say about Michigan State is that I could gather up 5 college age guys from a north side playground in St. Louis that could give them a game. All you have to do to beat them is play a half-court game, if you run with them, you are toast.
Davidson, Creighton, and St. Mary's should have received bids. No, they aren't from "power" conferences, but unless they are given a chance and some recognition at tourney time, they won't be able to recruit top players. I'm hoping some teams from lesser known conferences do really well this year and provide some great Cinderella moments.
There is no dominant team this year. On any given day, any of these teams could win (except Chattanooga.) Did you catch the "live" look in when North Dakota State was announced. Their entire gymnasium was filled with delirious fans jumping up and down yelling "Yeah!!! We get to get our butt kicked by Kansas!!! Yahoo!!!!" If you want help on your brackets, all I can tell you is that I have said since January that the Big East has the best teams in the country this year. Am I picking a Big East team? Maybe. Maybe not. I will probably go with my favorite coach in the land, but I won't tell you who that is.
I'll update next Monday with how my picks are going. Until then, enjoy the tourney!!

Ha Ha, you lost, Bruce!!

Yeah!!!... Followed by "Oh crap, I hope Chester Frazier can play or we won't be in Portland long."
1 comment:
You make me laugh! I'm going to use your points to help me formulate my bracket. I will have to see if Rob has a rebuttal for you. I'm ridiculously impressed by your knowledge... You and Rob are a dangerous duo!
Post a Comment