Thursday, December 30, 2010

Not to be Outdone

Carlie has had a loose tooth for probably two months now.
Wiggle. Wiggle. Wiggle.
That's what we kept telling her.
Well, at the dentist with Noah yesterday, she got a lot of encouragement from the hygienist, and Carlie just yanked the tooth right out. She was so brave. I think the fact that she didn't know what to expect was what was so scary for her.

I thought it was funny that the hygienist kept saying the dentist could come in and pull it. Really? Can he? Can I pay him $100+ to reach in her mouth and barely tug on her dangling fang?

I also found it a bit odd that they had me throw me her bloody gauze in the regular trash. When I worked in oral surgery, we never threw bloody gauze in the trash. Where's the biohazard bag, people? I hope someone with an opened cut doesn't take out the garbage and come into contact with bloody gauze of a Hepatitis C patient. They probably don't change the plastic protectors on the aidec light between patients either. That's gross. I hope they sterilized their instruments before they used them on me.

Sorry, back to the tooth...


Almost there.

Dangle Fang

Minor Bleeding.


A little gauze to bite down on.

And, a take home container.

2 comments:

Rachel A said...

Gross R1, gross pics. I'm glad to see Danny is not the oldest kid on the planet to lose a tooth - he hasn't lost one yet!

Rachel said...

I didn't lose my upper front teeth until second grade. I had a dangle fang front tooth in my 2nd grade picture.



Designed By:

Elements by Laura Deacetis